Friday, December 16, 2011

Virgin Islands Part One:

So as you may have heard I went to the Virgin Islands for 'work'. {I put work in quotations because it certainly didn't feel like work}

I'm going to share everything BUT the wedding in this post. {by the way, the wedding was flawless and beautiful and emotional and just PERFECT}

It started on Thursday first thing in the morning. {3 hours of sleep is good enough when you have excitement behind you} - I 'slept' most of the two flights. {I put slept in quotations because its not really sleep when you are so very aware of the flight attendants and pilot talking ever so loudly on the mic}. It ended on Sunday, after we hiked to the beach and walked in the pouring rain to the ferry.

Anyways {I'll try to limit my rambling}

Here are some of my own photos: 
I say it every time, but I mean it. Every. Time. I love the sky from the air. I love sun rises and sun sets. And everything in between. 
on the way to the ferry we saw this.
I told my self, and I will tell you too, Captain Jack Sparrow was on that ship.  
first time on a car ferry
it was pretty sweet! 
when we finally got to the house we were staying at, this was the view when you looked up
forgive me for not having a tripod.
{i personally like it this way. flawed.}
but perfect. and so incredible. 
and then I woke up. and this is what I saw then. 
and then we went to a wedding location and this happened 


Friday night - rehearsal dinner at an other house  
Sunday early morning hike to a beach
it was perfect.
and perfect.
and I saw a stingray.
and a sea turtle {still up for debate}
did i say how perfect it was?! 
a leaf. with a heart. 

the hermit crab i found on the hike back to the car! he was the cutest!
i wasn't scared of his claws.... nope.....not at all 
went to woodys for lunch. the last lunch
and it was pouring.
i thought it was appropriately sad that i was leaving 
and that was that. 
needless to say, I need to go back.
and I will.

but I can guarantee i won't be going with so many awesome people as I did this trip.
seriously, the family was so incredibly warm and loving
and the friends, were all so fun.
I laughed more than I expected and fell in love with everyone there!
Thanks Krystal & Ryan for inviting me down with you guys

and thanks to your families for being so awesome!

ps get ready for some wedding photos coming up! I might post a few a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment