Thursday, October 10, 2013

our first home.

in the middle of the street.

we rent a cute and tiny house in ferndale and it is pretty great. 
i thought i would take photos of it. to share but also selfishly. i have always photographed my rooms because i change them around and paint often, i like to have documentaion of what they used to look like! its fun to have! 

i should note that we didn't paint any of the rooms. the color was neutral enough and for just renting, i didn't know how much fun it would be to have to repaint the walls back when we were to move out.




this is our living room.  

patricks old couch, with a new cover on it! gotta love ikea!!! 
the planters, that i often forget to water! 
a wall of my professional photos that i have taken of our friends throughout
the years
what is left of my wedding bouquet
part of our favorite "nook" which is actually a dresser built into the wall. 
my favorite camera on our newest piece of furniture. and probably
my favorite photograph of myself, ever. 
my all time favorite owl. from mama bear. and the owl that my beloved puppy knocked over the other day... i saved it though. 
which leads to our kitchen.

my favorite view of the kitchen is from the living room! 
ive had this for years, knew i had to marry a coffee drinker!
my beloved stand mixer that my grandmother bought me,
and literally the only counter space i have.
our over packed with magnets and photos fridge
my favorite part of the fridge is this little gem.
and on to the bathroom.

i am soooo glad to have these shelves in the bathroom, obviously to fill with photos, bracelets and owls.
yummy dried lavender from traverse city last summer!
i believe this is intended for pills, but i actually use it for a spare button stash. 
next is our office/patricks clothes room

my favorite part of the office. 
all the cameras and wine you could need. the wine bottles are from our wedding.
dad made the wine, brother and uncle made the custom labels.
it. was. perfect.
just... another shot of it. that photo of my grandmother is
breathtaking and i wish i could tell her that. 
inspiration wall above my desk
"ohh you mean this gate key?!"
-princess bride-
my beloved pin purse. since 2005. 
call me a hoarder. 
this crate on wheels is a life saver and from ikea and you can get your own here
our "hallway" area.

i will forever and always have a polaroid wall. forever and ever, amen.
my art wall! 
both of these paintings were done by my ever so talented cousin brooklyn lamb
our bedroom. and movie viewing space.

i could actually go for a nap right now, my fingers are tired from typing.
funny how only 8 hours could make you miss a kiss
nothing new here, just a box of bracelets 
the curtain from my old room, now covers my new closet, which is pretty deep.
the wall of ourselves. next to my closet and its probably my favorite. photos from our engagement, wedding and honeymoon. 
probably the comfiest bed ever.
and that says a lot because my old bed was the comfiest bed ever. 


so yeah. thats our little tiny place. 
hope you were not totally bored. 
we love it here and i am so happy that this was our first place. 

another great part about our home is that across the street is a really nice and big park. its nice to not have a house in front and we don't have rowdy neighbors. I'm probably the loudest. 

what, with my music and all. 

1 comment:

  1. That was so cute! I have never seen so many photos and OWLS haha!! I almost bought that Ikea cart myself. And I love your yellow chevron bed. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete