Friday, February 10, 2012

perks of being a wallblogger


photos of actual pages i use actual pens and paints and stamps on.
i think too often.
while, yes this blog is mainly for my photography... i also use it for personal use. because really thats what photography is for me. its how it should be for anyone who is a photographer.

i have just about every social media out there for miscellaneous reasons, i guess i just like expressing myself through different ways. for instance, pinterest is pretty fun for ideas and dreaming. twitter is fun to be obnoxious with my best friends and sister. and Facebook is to pretty much waste time. {these other places are so not time wasters....} i have an other blog that remains private  {with exception of three important people} google plus is really only for the people who don't have Facebook and then there is aim and livejournal... just kidding. and for those iPhone people theres instagram. voxer. game center. blah blah blah...

im plugged in. always. {I'm not bragging about this. its a disease - ask my mom. she will testify to this fact}

I've never been someone who is afraid to say what i feel or even share it with strangers. I don't know why that is the case. i guess i often feel like if i don't tell someone, if i don't share the smallest of fractions* .. it didn't happen. and i like things happening. so i share share share. once upon a time i was shy and reserved, and according to my grandma it wasn't until i met two best friends when i was 10 that i finally "came out of your shell" as she puts it. i don't know exactly what it was about them that made me become less reserved but here i am. i am grateful for them.

i am grateful for everyone i have had or still have in my life. isn't it all about that? meeting people, learning from them. people shape us. music shapes us. events can shape us. for better or worse.

so instead of regretting something you did or didn't do. just realize that it was a good thing. because you can learn from it and grow from it. {if you choose to.. sometimes i choose not to..}

its a whole lot of sap. this post. sap and rambling. and nonsense.

i digress...

the point of this post was to really only validate my self. a blog is a blog. its an online "journal" of sorts. its my place.  i am my own boss on here. i can share what i want. i can keep things to my self. i can tell you about this new song i have been obsessed with. i can share a photo my friend took. i can ramble feelings about everything and nothing. i can change my header as often as i would like and i can stay up until midnight on a thursday night to say this all.

so thank you. thank you for those people who actually read this. thank you to the people who i meet and you tell me something you read on here. it blows my mind every time it happens {which is ... like 4 times. but hey! thats 4 times more than i would have expected} thank you madeleine for your visual and word advise. i love being here. and i love feeling like it means something.

*fraction. or snidbit.. which is a combination of tidbit and snippet


1 comment:

  1. This post was not "sappy"! Far from it, really.
    I can appreciate coming out of shyness too. If I'm still, I can see a picture of myself at 12 in my mind--quiet,lonely, out of sorts and gangly. Sometimes I still feel like that girl. Thank God for the friends that rescue us.
    Your blog is a meaningful one. You've got something special here. And when I read posts like this, I feel less alone. I know we don't each other very well yet, but sometimes I feel like you've been listening at my door with your personal posts. I really relate to them. So please, keep writing. Take care and hope to see you again soon!
    With love,
    D.A.

    ReplyDelete